Monday, November 18, 2013

Comment on the Austin MetroRail

Referring to the Austin MetroRail System, my classmate talks about there being an inconvenience. They bring up the fact that there are only nine stations which is not enough to cater to the growing population along with growing tourists.
I agree with this because I have personally seen the trouble it can cause some people. I actually rode the Metrorail this past Sunday. It doesn't usually run on Sundays but there being a special event makes this an exception. I see the popularity it has but once we got off the stop downtown, several people still had to get on there bikes ,as I overheard one of them say that they still have about a 30 minute ride to get to their destination. With this special event and only one stop downtown, biking can get dangerous. Also to mention that some people still need a cab to get where they are going which adds to the traffic. If the MetroRail expanded, then people can get to their destination quicker along with reducing traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment